Secundaria Benjamin Franklin

Secundaria Benjamin Franklin
Niños felices, escuela feliz, mundo feliz,

martes, 27 de junio de 2017

FINAL GUIDE TEAM 2

 ANSWER IT IN CLASS.
Exercise 1: Tick (P) the suitable answer.
1. Wait a minute. I …...................... an important letter.
A )finish B )'m finishing C)will finish
2. …...................... books are in the other part of this library.
A)Childrens' B )Childrens C )Children's
3. Woodstock is not very far from Oxford so you can visit …...................... in a day.
A)both B)the both C)both of
4. He has the same car …...................... his sister.
A )as B)like C)than
5. It is …...................... dream I have ever made.
A)the worst B)the worse C)worse
6. Hi Mary, what …...................... doing here?
A )do you B)are you C)you are
7. If I knew I …...................... tell you what is going on.
A )will B)shall C)would
8. John told me he would be …...................... minutes late.
A )few B) a few C)some
9. It is just a …...................... to the centre of town.
A)five-minute walk B)five-minutes walk C)walk of five minutes
10. “Your hair looks nice.” “Thanks. I've just …...................... the hairdresser's.”

A)been to B) gone to C)come back 
Exercise 2: Irregular verbs. Complete the chart orally
INFINITIVE SIMPLE PAST PAST PARTICIPLE
11 BOUGHT
12 TO RUN
13 TO CHOOSE
14 FORGOTTEN
15 LED
16 TO KEEP
17RISEN
18 WROTE
19THROWN
20 TO PUT
Exercise 3: Adverbs. Turn these adjectives into adverbs.
21. beautiful They sang _____________ .
22. happy They lived _____________ ever after.
23. fast She speaks very _____________ .
24 normal He tries to eat _____________ .
25 good He paints _______________ .
Exercise 4: Phrasal Verbs. Choose the best verb.
26. My parents are out. So I have to …...................... my baby brother.
A)look for B)look up to C ) look after D)ook down
27. The firemen managed to …...................... the fire in the British Museum.
A )put down B )put up C) put away D)put out
28. My sister-in-law wants to …...................... smoking.
A)give up B)give in C) give out D)give off
29. I was really frightened when the plane …...................... from Gatwick airport.
A)took up B)took off C) took away D)took out
30. My printer has …...................... ink, so I can't finish printing my homework tonight.
A) run out of B ) run through C ) run away with D)run down
Exercise 5:  Choose the correct sentence.
31 A To who was he talking?
B  Who was he talking to?
32 A  He rarely goes to the swimming pool.
B  He goes rarely to the swimming pool.
33 A  She asked me what I wanted.
B  She asked me what did I want.
34 A  She isn't old enough to drive.
B She isn't enough old to drive.
35 A  They didn't have enough money for the cinema.
B They didn't have money enough for the cinema. 
Exercise 6: Communication. For each question only one answer is
correct.
36. Do you mind if I switch the television on?
A yes, change it. B No, it's too loud. C  Not at all, go ahead.
37. What's up?
A The stairs are over here. B I've just lost my job. C  A beer, please.
38. Thanks for your help.
A It wasn't necessary. B Yes, please. C  Don't mention it.
39. You'd better get a move on!
A I'm going as fast as I can.B Put it in the kitchen. C  I don't want it.
40. Excuse me, have you got a light?
A  It's dark now. B  It's already on. C  Not on me.
 Exercise 7: Prepositions. Fill in the gaps with the right preposition.
AT / WHILE / DURING / THROUGH / FOR / ON

41. Were there any phone calls …...................... I was out?
42. We all fell asleep …...................... the journey.
43 He was sending text messages all …...................... the meeting.
44 Could I talk to you …...................... a few minutes?
45 My English lesson is …...................... Friday afternoon …...................... 2.30.
Exercise 8: Comprehension. Answer the questions.

FROM MARK HAMPTON
TO DAVID SMITH
SENT  THURSDAY 7. A.M.
SUBJECT TOMORRO NIGHT
HI DAVID 
MY FATHER HAS GIVEN ME TWO TICKETS TO THE BASEBALL GAME TOMORROW NIGHT. DO YOU WANT TO COME? IT STARTS AT EIGHT P.M. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT GIVE ME A CALL TONIGHT OR EARLY TOMORROW IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU BY TOMORROW MORNING . I´LL ASSUME YOU CAN MAKE IT.     MARK.
46. Where is Mark now?
A At a café B At a friend’s house
C At his home D At a baseball stadium
47. What does Mark want David to do?
A Go with him to a game B Eat dinner with him
C Visit him at home D Leave a message with his father
48 When must David reply?
A By this evening B By tomorrow morning
C By tomorrow afternoon D By tomorrow night

Exercise 9: Comprehension. Answer the questions.
         
ANY ORDER OVER TEN WITH THIS CUPON $2 OFF NOT VALID WITH OTHER ORDERS.
OFFER GOOD UNTIL JUNE 16.

50% OFF BUY A MEAL GET A SECOND ONE 50%OFF WITH THIS CUPON,NOT VALID WITH OTHER OFFERS.OFFER GOOD UNTIL JUNE 16.

FREE. A LITER OF SODA WITH DELIVERY WITH THIS CJUPON,NOT VALID WITH OTHER OFFERS.OFFERS GOOD UNTIL JUNE 16.

49. What is the purpose of this advertisement?
A To announce a change in business hours. B To advertise a business for sale.
C To encourage diners to eat early. D To attract more customers.
51 What will customers receive if they spend more than $10?
A A $2 discount on their bill. B 50% off their next purchase.
C A litre of soda . D Free delivery service.
52. What will happen on June 16?
A A new owner will take over the business. B The coupons will expire.
C Prices will be further reduced. D You'll get a free meal



         
            


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario