Secundaria Benjamin Franklin

Secundaria Benjamin Franklin
Niños felices, escuela feliz, mundo feliz,

lunes, 18 de junio de 2018

FINAL ENGLISH GUIDE SECOND GRADE

REMEMBER TO HAVE THE GUIDE IN YOUR NOTEBOOK TO PRESENT THE FINAL TEST.


ENGLISH FINAL GUIDE SECOND GRADE 2018                   SARA MIZRAHI

1 Words and sentences.  Answer the following sentences
1 The word ‘really’ is an.   _______________A)   adverb   B) adjective
2 The word ‘that’ is a.  ________________- A) determiner   B) preposition
3 The subject of a sentence usually comes the object.   _____________ A after    B) before
4 Tess bought some flowers her mother.____________    A) to    B) for
5 Sara bought a pen and gave to Claire._______________   A) it   B) them

2 CHOOSE THE CORRECT FORM OF THE MIXED VERBS ANSWER THE SENTENCES.
6 ________________ been waiting to see a doctor for ages.    A) I’m        B) I’ve
7 I was late because got__________ stuck in traffic          . A) I’d      B) I’ve
8 She was tired because she’d________ all day.        A) been working      B) was working
9 I think____________ stay in tonight.          A) I’ll           B) I’ll going to
10By the time you get home I’ll ___________my work.       . A) be finished           B) have finished 

3 THE INFINITIVE AND THE ING FORM OF THE VERBS CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER IN THE SENTENCES.
11 We couldn’t decide where ________________for lunch.        A) to go              B) shall we go
12   It is important your name.______________            A) to sign              B) signing
13   I might_____________ a new PC next week            A) buy                B) to buy
14 Are you afraid of_______________ in a helicopter?          A) fly             B) flying
15 Are you in favor of_______________ smoking in public places? A) ban      B )banning
4 THE USE OF THIS, MY, SOME, A LOT, YOURS, EITHER, NEITHER. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER.
16 Look at______________ birds in the tree over there.         A) these              B) those     
17 Are these tickets___________________?          A) yours         B) your
18 There isn’t________________ milk in the fridge        A) some          B) any
19 A____________ people were feeding the ducks.        A) little            B) few
20 I didn’t like____________ of the books you lent me A) either          B) neither
5. RELATIVE CLAUSES   WEARING, ADDING, WHOSE, THAT, WHICH CHOOS WRITE ONE WORD IN EACH SENTENCE.
21. The book_________________________ I read on the plane was excellent.
22 Daniel is the student_______________ sister is famous.
23 There are ______________________ kinds of relative clause.
24 We can’t leave the pronoun out of an___________________ clause.
25 The woman_______________ a hat is my aunt.
6 NOW ANSWER THE DIFFERENT GRAMMAR QUESTIONS CHOOSING THE CORRECT OPTIONS.
26 If I had more time, I ________ do more exercise    A)would    B) will
27 By next month I ________ all my exams, and I can relax!  A) will finish    B)will have been finidhing   A) will have have been finishing   B) I will have finish
28 How long have they ________ there?   A) been waited    B) been waiting
29 She’s from ________, so she speaks ________ A) Spain/Spanish   B)Spanish/Spain
30 Where ________ they from?  A) are             B) am

7 FUTURE SIMPLE,FUTURE CONTINUOUS FILL IN THE BLANKS IN THE SENTENCES.

31 I promise I (call) _____________ you as soon as I have any news.
32 This time tomorrow Tom (fly) _____________ over the Atlantic on his way to Boston.
33 Those bags look heavy. I (carry) ____________-  one of them for you.
34 Alex and Eva are getting married next Saturday. All the guests (wear) white.
35The week after the wedding they (enjoy) ______________ the sun in the West Indies. 

8  This, that, these and those are demonstrative adjectives.
·         This is used to refer to a single person, thing or place that is close to the speaker.
·         That is used when the person, thing or place is more distant. 
o    This computer is easy to use.
o    That coat on the chair is mine.
o    This person is my colleague.
o    That man over there is my boss.
o    This picture is clearer than that one.
o    This is my seat and that one is yours.
·         These is the plural form of this.
·         Those is the plural form of that.
o    These letters are urgent.  Please post them immediately.
o    Those men in the street are policemen.
o    I like these shoes.  They're very comfortable.
o    Those shoes on the shelf are very expensive.
o    I like these shoes better than those shoes.
o    These books are more interesting than those (books).

36  __________ scarf is mine. __________ one is your?   THIS / THAT      B)THESE/THOSE   THIS/THAT
       37 Look! __________ girl won first prize in the contest!   A)THIS  B)THAT
      38 Here! Take __________ letters aned post them immediately. They're urgent
A) THESE         B) THOSE
      39 _______ room is warm and cozy, but ________ one is freezing cold
A)    THIS THAT    B) THIS THAT
      40 _________ people over there look like homeless people.
A)    THIS          B)THESE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario