Secundaria Benjamin Franklin

Secundaria Benjamin Franklin
Niños felices, escuela feliz, mundo feliz,

lunes, 18 de junio de 2018

FINAL ENGLISH GUIDE THIRD GRADE 2018CHECK

CHECK THE GUIDE AND REMEMBER TO HAVE IT IN  YOUR NOTEBOOKS.


ENGLISH GUIDE THIRD GRADE   2018                                                           SARA MIZRAHI

1.)FIRST AND SECOND CONDITIONAL
Uses of the Conditional
First conditional
Nature: Open condition, what is said in the condition is possible.
Time: This condition refers either to present or to future time.
e.g. If he is late, we will have to go without him.
If my mother knows about this, we are in serious trouble.

Second conditional
Nature: unreal (impossible) or improbable situations.
Time: present; the TENSE is past, but we are talking about the present, now.
e.g. If I knew her name, I would tell you.
If I were you, I would tell my father.
Compare: If I become president, I will change the social security system. (Said by a presidential candidate)
If I became president, I would change the social security system. (Said by a schoolboy: improbable)
If we win this match, we are qualified for the semifinals.
Exercise 1: FIRST AND SECOND CONDITIONAL. Match the answers
Write the letter.

1. If I was less busy c                                        a I'll give him your phone number.
2. If I stay late at work b                                     b I’d meet you for lunch.
3. We´ll be home by six  d                                    c I´ll finish the project
4. If I see Jack a                                                 d if the train is on time
5. If I were you e                                                e I could buy a nice car 
                       
            2) MULTIPLE CHOICE EXERCISE CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER    
         1. Can you finish the job for? Friday?    A) till     b)until      c)
2. We all look forward  to see you soon.  A)seeing    b) to see   c)se
3. I wish I …would have.more time. A)would have    b)had    c)will have
4. If you were ever in trouble, I would give you all the help you need.
A will need B would need C need
5. Her parents don´t want her to get married.    a) her to get    b)that she gets  c)that she get
3: Irregular verbs. Complete the chart. Write them in Simple past,Past participle.
1 Show        Shown             Shown
2 Lay             Laid                 Laid
3 Stick          Stuck               Stuck
4 Slide          Slid                  Slidden
5 BURST       Burst               Burst
4) The use of prepositions.
in
months / seasons                                          i
time of day
year
after a certain period of time (when?)

by
in the sense of at the latest
up to a certain time
  
about
for topics, meaning what about
we were talking about you

for
over a certain period of time (past till now)
from
who gave it
 
1 Who was that book written by’?
2 What are you looking for?
3 What are you talking about?
4 What sort of books are you interested in?
5 Where are you from?
4) VERBS PATTERNS
When two verbs are used together in a sentence the second verb takes either the gerund or infinitive form.
In some cases the second verb can take both form BUT the meaning is different.
Use the context of the sentences below to decide whether the verb takes the infinitive or gerund 
1. He was walking along Church Street and really felt like a cigarette so he stopped (smoke)  for 5 minutes.
 2. I bumped into an old school friend yesterday. I remembered (play) hockey with her at school, but I
couldn't remember her name.
3. I tried (open)  the jam jar but the lid was too tight.
.4 It was so hot inside the classroom. I didn't know what to do. I put the fan on, but that didn't help so I tried (open)  the window, and that made it a little bit cooler.
5. I'm so sorry I didn't go to dinner with you I forgot (call)  and cancel



5)      Adverbs. Turn these adjectives into adverbs.                  

                                             
1. beautiful                         They sang beautifull .
2. happy                             They lived hapilly_ever after
3. fast                                 She speaks very fast
4-. normal                            He tries to eat normally
5. good                               He paints __very good
6.   slow                                        She drives slowly
7. quiet                                        They work quietly

TAG ENDINGS  
positive statement
negative tag
Snow is white,
isn't it?

negative statement
positive tag
You don't like me,
do you?


Match the question tags a – f with th
1 Let's have a party                                       A did he?
2 I'm talking too much,   aren´t I                            B shall we?
3 There's hardly any bread left,   is there                C haven't they?
4 Somebody's moved the chair                  , D won't it?
5 Everything will be ok,                                E aren't I?
6 Pete didn't enjoy the film                       , F is there



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario